Homestyle Spicy Thick Tomato Soup
Making your own comfortable tomato soup is healthy, nutritious, filling and so easy .
Preparation & Cooking Time :30 minutes
Yield : 4 bowls
Ingredients:Tomato - 4 large
Onion - 1 small or medium
Garlic - 4 pods
Carrot - 1 small or half of one large
Pepper corns - 6no.
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli - 1
Corinader - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Salt To Taste
Butter /Oil - 1tbsp
Butter Croutons to serve
- Roughly chop the tomato, onion, carrot and peel the garlic. Pressure cook chopped veggie with 2 cups of water, pepper corn, turmeric, red chilli, cumin and salt. Cook for 3 whistle or until soft.
- Wait till pressure gets released. Cool the mixture completely, grind to smooth paste and pass to strainer, extract the soup.
- Pour the soup in a sauce pan and bring to boil again. Pour some more water if it too thick. Cook until bubbles up and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve topped with bread croutons.
- You can either use rice flour or corn flour, dilute in water,add to the boiling soup at the end to thicken it. Its optional.
- Adding carrot to the soup helps to thicken and also gives nice appitizing color to soup.
Related Posts:Soup recipes