Hariyali Aloo | Grilled Potato in Amarnathus Gravy
Tangy Grilled Potato served with Green Amarnathus Gravy
Hariyali Aloo, a very good combination of tangy chatpata grilled potatoes served with healthy green amarnathus leaves gravy. It can be served as a starter if u want more potatoes or serve as a main dish along with roti/rice if you would like to have more green gravy. Check it out recipe to know how to make Hariyali Aloo.
Preparation & Cooking Time : 30-40 minutes.
YIELD :3-4 servings
Ingredients:For Grilled Potato
Baby Potato - 20 nos
Salt as per taste
Olive Oil -1/2 tbsp
Chat Masala - 1/2 tsp
Mint Chutney Masala - 1/2 tsp
Date Tamarind chutney - 1 tbsp
Amarnathus leaves - 1 cup (finely chopped)
Spring onions - 3-4 strings
Green Chili - 2 nos medium spicy (adjust as per your taste)
tomato - 1 no.
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
hing - a pinch
salt as per taste
chili powder - 1 tsp
lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- For Grilled Potato :
- Peel, wash and boil potatoes. let it cool down and prick them using fork.
- In a bowl mix all other ingredients. Mix well.
- Add in potato and coat each of them with above paste.
- Keep in refrigerator for marination for half n hour.
- preheat oven on max temp (250 degree C).
- Arrange potato on skewers and broil them on 250 degree for 10 mins or until its outer sides turning into brownish black spots.
- Grilled potatoes are ready to serve as a starter with mint chutney or dip them in your favorite gravy to serve as main dish. I made green gravy using Amarnathus leaves. You can also make different Gravy of 'Palak Paneer', Kadhi pakoda, matar paneer.
- For Gravy:
- Chop, wash and blanch amarnathus leaves in 1 cup of water. Drain water.
- In a blender make a smooth paste of blanched amarnathus leaves, spring onion, green chili and tomato.
- Heat oil in kadai. add hing and ginger garlic paste. saute for few seconds.
- Add above prepared green paste.
- Add salt, chili powder and cook for few minutes.
- Finally add lemon juice in gravy mix well.
- In a serving plate place grilled potatoes and pour green gravy over each potatoes. Garnish with carrot noodles.
- Serve hot with rice, chapati, naan or roti.
- If you don't have baby potatoes, use chunks of big potatoes.
- You can use your favorite gravy instead of amarnathus gravy.
- Tangy grilled potato can be also used in tortilla wrap along with chutney and other veggies.