Sukhdi | God Papdi ~ A Traditional Gujarati Sweet
A Simple and Traditional Gujarati Sweet made with Wheat Flour, Ghee & Jaggery
Sukhadi is poor man's delight which is made with simple and easily available ingredients in every kitchen.Though being a healthy sweet itself, we can make it more rich and healthly by adding dryfruits and other ayurvedic herbs/inredients. In Gujarat, people make it specially in winter by adding other herbs to get all benefits. I like to have to as simple as it is along with other spicy/crunchy/munchy snack. Here comes the EzRecipe to make Sukhadi | God Papdi.
Preparation & Cooking Time : 30 minutes
YIELD :1 Plate (15- 20 pieces)
Ingredients:Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Jaggery - 1/2 cup (adjust as per taste) grated
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Turn the heat in medium and add wheat flour in ghee.
- Roast until flour turned to light brown color. (keep stirring it to avoid burnt. Once done properly a very nice smell will fragrance your kitchen.)
- Turn the flame on low and finally add grated jaggery, mix well and quickly turn off the flame. ( Be very careful on turning the heat in entire process else jaggery will get cooked more and Sukhadi will become chewy.)
- Mix it properly until jaggery melt down and pour this mixture in greased plate.
- Spread it and flatten it with spatula.
- Cut it into diamond shape and set aside to cool down for 30 minutes.
- I like to eat sukhadi as simple as it is.. but to add more flavors you can add cardamom or dry ginger powder at the end with jaggery.
- To make it more rich, crunchy tasty you can add poppy seeds, desicated coconut, cashew, almond etc..Add them at the end before spreading in plate. Garnish with the same.
- We specially prepare Sukhadi/God Papdi to serve pregnant ladies or lactating mothers by adding ready-made "Katlu" (A traditional herbal mix powder made of 32 Ayurvedic medicines)
Related Posts:Churma na ladoo