How to Make Masala Chaas at Home | HomeMade Spiced Butter Milk
Churn buttermilk with chilli,cumin, ginger, fresh coriander.
A quick refreshing summer drink, i could probably say is Masala Chaas. It is tasty as well as healthy. It keeps you hydrate, an instant thirst quencher. This is simple yet delicious drink that makes you to want for more and more. One such affordable and easiest chaas that requires all basic ingredients like curd, fresh herbs, cumin, chilli and dash of chaat masala. All the ingredients you add for this chaas do magic by its own.
Preparation Time : 5 Minutes
YIELD : 2 - 3 glasses
Plain Natural Yogurt / curd - 1 cup
Green Chilli - 2no.
Ginger - 1" piece chopped
Ice Cold Water - 1 1/2 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
Asafeotida / Hing - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves few springs
Curry Leaves few springs
Black Salt To taste
- Grind the ingredients - green chilli, ginger, cumin seeds, curry and coriander leaves, hing to a paste.
- Now add a cup of curd to the mix and give a good whisk to blend.
- In a Serving bowl mix the chaat masala, salt and few chopped coriander leaves. Pour the curd mix and water. Combine thoroughly and serve in chilled glasses.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala on to the top for an appealing look.
- for variation can add mint leaves , instead of coriander.
- If using normal water, serve with ice cubes added to the buttermilk or refrigerate the prepared buttermilk for half an hour.
- Consume the drink as soon as possible within 2-3 hours from prepared time.
Buttermilk Rice Porridge
Dry fruit Milk Shake
Check for more drinks and yogurt- based recipes.