Roasted Pumpkin Tomato Soup
Sweet & Sour, Tangy Roasted Pumpkin Tomato Soup
YIELD :4 persons
Ingredients:Pumpkin - 500 gms
Tomatoes - 300 gms
Onion - 2 medium size
Garlic - 3-4 big cloves
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper powder as per taste
Mixed Italian herb - 1 tsp (Optional)
Vegetable stock - 1 cup (Use water or chicken stock to substitute)
Lemon - 2 tbsp (as per taste)
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Discard the skin and seeds of pumpkin and chop them in big cubes.
- Chop tomatoes and onion as well in big cubes.
- Combine pumpkin, tomato, onions, garlic cloves in large roasting tin. Toss them with olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian herb if using.
- Roast uncovered at 220C/fan 200C/Gas 7 for 35 - 40 mins until everything is very tender.
- Once done, add them in a sauce pan and add 1 cup of water or vegetable stock and blend it together until smooth and thick soup. (add more water to adjust soup thickness).
- Simmer on gas until it start to boil. Add lemon juice to balance sour, sweet and spicy taste. You can avoid it if you want to enjoy sweetness of pumpkin.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Related Posts:Low carb bottle Gourd soup
Clear Chicken soup