Oats Moong Dal Tikkis - Fiber Protein Rich Patty
A Tikki/Patty made with healthy combination of Oats & Moong Dal with simple Indian Spices
Kick start your party with this healthy starter, or serve them to your hungry kids when back from school, or simply assemble them in a burger and pack it in kids lunch box. Oats Moong dal tikki is very healthy as they are rich in fiber and protein as well. It is also versatile as you can call it tikki, patty, cutlet, kebab and give them any shape as you wish to give a smile to your loved ones. Try this recipe to make healthy and versatile Oats Mung Dal Tikki.
Preparation Time - 15 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
YIELD :12 tikkis
Ingredients:Split Yellow Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Instant Rolled Oats - 1/2 cup (grind it into coarse powder)
Onion - 1 big no. (grated)
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Curd/Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Chili powder - 1 tsp (adjust as per your taste)
Chaat masala - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Oil for frying
- wash and boil moong dal with 1cup of water till the dal is soft and cooked. Drain all excess water if any and mash the dal. Make sure the mashed dal paste is dry and coarse and not too much watery.
- Transfer dal in a large mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Divide this mixture into 12 equal size balls and make it a round patty.
- Shallow fry all patty in a hot tava using required oil until both side brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Related Posts:Hara Bhara Kebab
Corn Seekh Kebab
Fallafel Tikki for burger