Mango Corn Paletas ~ Creamy Ice Pops
A creamy milk based ice pops of using corn and fresh mango.
Paletas - American cream-based popsicles, has an extreme taste with every lick. I first saw this pops in a Ice pops recipe book. The one I saw has got only two ingredients corn and milk with sweeter, but here I tried with mango, corn and milk combination. This resulted extremely good and the beauty of popsicles lies with its lick. We adults become kids while licking it. Felt like posting it now for this perfect weather to beat the heat also to enjoy the Mango Season. One of the easiest one to try with less ingredients. Absolute homemade Ice pops to please the taste buds.
Preparation & Cooking Time : 20 Minutes
Setting Time : 6 - 8 hours or whole day
YIELD : 4 Paletas
Yellow Sweet Corn Kernels - 2 cups
Mango Puree - 1 cup / Mango - 1 big size
Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 1/4 cup
A pinch of Salt
Vanilla Extract / Essence - 1/2 tsp(optional)
- Wash and peel mangoes, cut into cubes and make a puree. Kept aside.
- In a medium sauce over low heat, combine the milk and sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar completely.
- Add corn kernel and salt. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cook stirring frequently until corn gets tender for about 10 -12 minutes. Pour in the vanilla extract at this stage. Switch off fire. Lets cool.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender, puree until smooth. Pour through a fine- mesh strainer into a medium bowl, pressing the corn with a fleixble spatula to extract the liquid completely.
- Throw in the mango puree and mix to combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the ice pop moulds and insert sticks. Freeze until firm, atleast 6 hours or one whole day.
- To unmould the pops, place / run under warm water for a few seconds, then gently pull the sticks.
- For variation, for plain corn pops,exclude the addition of mango puree and increase the corn proportion.
- And if fresh corn is unavailable, use frozen corn that takes lesser cooking time.
Lemonade Srawberry Popsicles
Fried Ice Cream
Fried Mars Balls