A Pulao flavored with specially selected veggies and Pav Bhaji Masala.
Tawa pulao is another famous street food in Mumbai and occupies the special place along with PAV BHAJI. It is prepared with same veggies and masala used in pavbhaji. If you are ready with cooked rice you can prepare it within 10 minitues. Easy and Quick to make and perfect to pack in lunchbox.
Cooking Time :10 mins.
YIELD :4 servings
Butter - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
hing a generous pinch
Onion - 1 large finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Tomato - 2 big finely chopped
Green Capsicum - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Frozen Green peas - 1/2 cup (soak in warm water for 10 mins and drain water before use)
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Pav Bhaji Masala - 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cooked Basmati Rice - 3 cups
Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Heat the butter in a pan and crakle cumin seeds. add in a pinch of hing.
- Add chopped onion and ginger garlic paste in it. Saute unitl onions are transperent.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and cook it for 5 mins or oil start to get separate from pan.
- Add in capsicum and green peas and cook it for 2 mins.
- Add in salt, chili powder, turmeric powder and pav - bhaji masala.
- Mix well and finally add cooked rice and gently mix it well with masala.
- Tava Pulao is ready to serve. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with papad and raita.
Related Posts:Pav Bhaji