ஜவ்வரிசி இட்லிRice rava and tapioca pearl is soaked in yogurt and steam cooked as Idli.
Setting Time: 8 Hours
YIELD : 24 Idlies
Idli Rice Rava - 1 cup
Sago / Javvarisi / Sabudhana - 1 cup
Yogurt - 2 1/2 cups(preferably soar)
water - 1 1/4 cups
Grated carrot - 2 tbsp
G.chillies - 2-3 finely chopped
Eno ( Fruit Salt) - 1 1/2 tsp
Salt - 3 tsp ( or as needed)
Curry leaves - 1 spring finely chopped
Oil - 1 tbsp
look at the sago pearls appearance in the Idli.
- First soak together rice rava, sago with salt in yogurt and water. Mix well and set it to ferment for minimum 6-8 hours
- After the set time check for the batter consistency. If it is very thick and solid, add some more water to make pouring Idli Batter consistency.( Do not add more water, otherwise Idly won't puff up like Kushboo Idli).
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Add chopped green chilli, curry leaves and fry for a minute. Pour this oil seasoning to the batter. Stir well.
- Now heat the Idli Steamer with a cup of water at the bottom and let it boil. Mean while add eno(fruit salt) to the batter and stir faster to make batter fluffy.
- Grease the Idli Moulds with oil and pour a laddle of the batter in each mould and steam cook for 10 - 12 minutes on high flame.
- If you don't have idli steamer. Use a tray of about 2 " height. Grease and pour batter. Steam cook in pressure cooker for the same time.
- Give a stand by time before you remove Idli from moulds.( this step will help Idli to come out perfectly without sticking / losing its shape) Dish out the Piping hot Sago Idli. Serve with Idli Milagai Podi.
- Other serving accompaniment is Sambar / Chutney.
- The setting time may vary depends on the sago variety you use for cooking.
- The yogurt/ curd should be sour enough to taste Idli Good.
- Add chopped onion to the batter, if you like the taste.
Broken Wheat Rava Idli