Cabbage Pakore / Instant Cabbage Fritters
Cabbage combined with flour ans spices to prepare crispy pakores.
I had this pakore long back in my friend's place in chennai. Ever since I felt like trying some time at home but not sure of exact ingredients. Recently while chatting with her got a chance to get the details of the recipe. So without further wait gave a try for weekend evening treat with tea. Not bad came out very crispy outside with crunchy cabbage flavour. I like the pleasing color of the pakore and almost gulped a lot without any hesitation purely for its taste. It absorbed even very less oil and at the same very tasty too. Give a try at your home as this requires very less effort to prepare and easy instant treat to kids.
YIELD : Around 15 pakore
Ingredients:Cabbage - 1 cup roughly chopped
Onion - 1 medium chopped
Green chilli - 2 minced
Ginger - 1 tbsp minced
Rice Flour - 2tbsp
All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 tbsp
Curry Leave few springs chopped
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt To Taste
Oil for deep fry
- In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients except oil and sprinkle water in between to bind to form a solid mixture. The batter should be able to hold and not like thin bhaji batter.
- Heat sufficient oil for deep frying. Drop a spoon full of batter in batches and cook over medium flame for around 8 minutes or until golden.
- Drain to the kitchen tissues and serve hot.
- Accompany with any chutney or with some tomato ketchup.
- Oil should be hot enough to deep fry the pakore with perfect crisp.
- You can try similar version with carrot or sweet corn.
Related Posts:Corn Methi Pakore