Sabudana Vada | Sago Patties ~ Fasting Recipe
Sabudana Vada also called Sago Patties is delicious and crunchy snack. It is very popular in Maharastra and specially prepared during fasting days of Navaratri or any vrat. Refer this easy recipe to learn how to make Sabudana Vada.
YIELD –15 - 18 vadasSabudana/Sago - 1 cup
Potato - 1 1/2 cup (boiled and mashed)
Rajgira Flour - 1/4 cup
Peanuts - 1/4 cup Roasted and crushed
Salt as per taste
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Ginger - 1 tsp grated
Green chili paste - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Oil for frying
- Wash the sabudana. Drain and keep aside for about 2 hours. If necessary, add a little water to moisten the sabudana.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients along with sabudana.
- Mix all ingredients and knead a soft dough.
- Divide the dough in 15 equal portions and roll in a small round ball. Flatten the ball by pressing softly with your palm to make a pattie/tikki.
- Deep fry all patties in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain out in kitchen paper and serve hot with curd or green chutney.
- Soaking sabudana is tricky. Depending upon the size and quality, the prep also changes. The smaller varieties need only around 15-20 minutes of soaking, while the larger kind needs soaking for 5-6 hours (or preferably overnight). Strictly, the quality also has a huge role in the soaking. The best quality requires just a sprinkling of water to make it soft and spongy. With trial, you would have to find out under what category your Sago pearls fall under.
- If you are so conscious about health and oil then instead of deep frying opt for shallow fry with less oil.