Okra/Bhindi paired up with all time favorite Potatoes and basic spices cooked in North Indian style.
Aloo Bhindi Masala - a very simple, easy and quick to make dry subji which is suitable as side dish with roti and rice. Follow the recipe here....
YIELD – 2 servings
Ingredients:Bhindi/Okra/Ladies Finger - 200 gms chopped
Potato - 1 big peeled and cubed in small pieces
Tomato - 1 big finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Hing a pinch
- Heat the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Once they stop spluttering add hing and potatoes. Toss potatoes on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chopped bhindi/okra. turn flame into slow.
- Add salt, coriander powder and chili powder and mix well. close lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato and close the lid again and cook again for 5 more minutes.
- Aloo Bhindi Masala is ready to serve. Serve hot with Roti.
- While chopping Bhindi make sure they are completely dry.
- Potato takes more time to get cooked compare to bhindi so make sure to cook potato first on high flame, this will help to burn all the water content from potato and it will get cooked around 40% in this process. While bhindi tends to stick in pan so remember to turn down flame on slow once you add bhindi.