Veg Phad Thai Noodles
Stir fried Noodles and veggies with a unique Thai flavor and taste using special thai sauces
Phad Thai, probably the best-known of all Thai noodles dishes, takes only few minutes to cook if you are ready with the ingredients. For this noodles preparation use thick ribbon-like rice noodles for authenticity, or simply use any rice noodles / egg noodles as per your preference. Tamarind, commonly used in all Asian cooking, has a unique sour flavor, but you can substitute with freshly squeezed lemon juice......
YIELD –2 servings
Ingredients:Thai Rice Noodles - 150 gms (choose wide stripes like linguine)
Baby Corn - 6-8 nos. halved
Chinese Cabbage - 1/2 cup cut in long stripes
White Onion - 1 big cut in long
Garlic - 1 tbsp chopped
Galangal / Thai ginger - 1/2 tbsp grated
Thai Red chili - 2 nos small chopped
Tofu - 10 cubes
Bean Sprouts - 1 cup
Vegetable Oil - 2 tbsp
Peanuts - 1 tbsp coarsely crushed
Spring Onion - 2 tbsp finely chopped
Red Chili - 1 tsp chopped
For Phad Thai Sauce :
Dark Soya sauce - 1/2 tbsp
Chili sauce - 1 tbsp (As per taste)
Tamarind paste - 1 tbsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste (Keep in mind soya sauce has salty taste so test-taste and add as required)
Vegetable stock - 2-3 tbsp
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients for making phad thai sauce. Stir it well to dissolve sugar and tamarind paste. This sauce should have a very STRONG-tasting flavor that tastes sour-sweet first, followed by salty and spicy. Keep aside.
- In a big bowl soak noodles in a boiling water for 5 minutes. noodles should be soft but still chewy ('al dente') and a little sticky.
- Heat the oil a frying pan, add onion, chili, garlic and ginger. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add cabbage and baby corn. Cook again until veggies are tender.
- Add tofu and sprouts cook more for 1-2 minutes. keep few sprouts aside for garnishing.
- Keep 1/4 of sauce for serving and add other in frying pan.
- Drain noodles and add in pan. Keep heat in medium to high and toss noodles using two spoons.
- Continue stir frying noodles on high flame for 3-4 minutes. Make sure noodles don't stick to the pan and burn.
- Once done serve hot with remaining phad thai sauce. Sprinkle spring onion, crushed peanuts, sprouts and lemon wedges .