A versatile crumbled paneer (Cottage Cheese) subji cooked easily and quickly with basic masala.
Paneer Bhurji is one of the easiest and quickest recipe. It can be made with very basic spices/masla and vegetables which are always there in everyone's kitchen. Everyone's favorite as it can be used or served with almost anything. I make it every other day for son's lunch box as he is a biiig fan of paneer. Here goes the recipe of Paneer Bhurji.
Preparation & Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Yield : 2-3 Serving
Frozen Paneer cubes - 2 cups
Onion - 1 big finely chopped
Capsicum - 1/4 cup finely chopped
Oil - 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
cumin seeds - 1 tsp
salt as per taste
Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Soak the paneer cubes in boiling water for 10 minutes. drain out all water and crumble it with grater or just give a single churn in mixer grinder.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, onion and ginger garlic paste. Saute until onion turns transparent.
- Now add chopped capsicum followed by salt, pepper powder and garam masala. cook it for 2 minutes.
- Finally add crumbled panner, mix well and cook again for 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and mix again well.
- Garnish with capsicum and coriander. Paneer bhurji is ready.
- Paneer bhurji can be served and enjoyed simply with roti as a side dish.
- It can be used as a stuffing or filling for anything as wide as you can think. i.e stuffing in paratha, dosa, sandwich, samosa, kachori etc...My son would just finish it as it is without anything.
- You can alter the recipe to make it colorful for your kids with your favorite vegetables like grean peas, grated carrot, or chopped tomato.
- Here I used it as a filing in Oats Dosa to make Oats Paneer Dosa.