Mixed vegetables is cooked with finely sauted onion tomato gravy.
This is a simple yet delicious Indian style curry. A perfect recipe for a fast cooking day. This is a healthy and flavoursome vegetarian dish that is eaten well with rice,pulao, roti,naan...
I believe in cooking food the more simplest way with less ingredients, but with more love and that will ensure it tastes hearty and delectable. This is one such recipe which I use to prepare often for my easy and simple weekend meal. Try this with Jeera pulao or paneer peas pulao.
Preparation & Cooking Time : 20 Minutes
YIELD : 2 Servings
Mixed Vegetables- 11/2 cups(boiled)
(I used Carrot, potato, Cauliflower)
Fresh /Frozen Paneer / Indian Cottage Cheese - 1/4 cup
(cut into small cubes)
Onion - 1 Large Finely Chopped
Tomato - 1 Large Finely Chopped
Curd / Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Sugar A pinch
Coriander Leaves - one fistful finely choppedOil - 2 tbsp
- Wash, cut vegetables evenly as desired and cook till soft in boiling water or pressure cook. Mean while soak frozen paneer in warm water for few minutes to make it soft.
- Now In the mean time heat a deep pan with oil. Once it turns hot add cumin seeds, onion and saute until transparent. Add chopped tomatoes and fry till its becomes soft.
- Add in all masala powder and required salt. Stir for further 5 minutes and add in curd, boiled vegetables. Mix well. Add sufficient water for gravy and check for the salt.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, at this point add paneer and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rice,pulao, roti or as per your choice of food.
Use as many or less vegetables of your choice and cook accordingly. If you find less time use frozen vegetables.