Jeera Pulao Recipe | How to prepare Jeera Rice
Delicious fuss free one pot meal - Basmati rice flavored with cumin seeds.
This is a hearty one pot meal comes with the most flavors of cumin seeds. The cumin gives beautiful outlook over the rice leaving its unique aromas. As a well know fact that cumins are good for digestion and act as a cooling agent, these are widely used in many Indian cuisines.This pulao is very good eaten with a hot and spicy curry with a glass of spiced buttermilk.This is a wonderful start for all the beginners who learns to cook that compose less ingredients.
Preparation & Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
YIELD: 2 to 3
Basmati Rice -1 cup
Water - 2 cups
Green Chilli - 2no.
Cashew Nuts - 6-7
Cumin Seeds / Jeera - 1 1/2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2tsp
Bay Leaf - 1
Ghee - 1tbsp
Ghee - 1tbsp
Oil - 1tbsp
Salt To Taste
- Wash and soak basmati rice in two cups of water for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil and ghee. Add cashew nut , roast till golden.
- Add in the cumin seeds and fry till aromatic. Add green chilli , ginger garlic paste, bay leaf and rice soaked water. Bring to boil and add the rice.
- Ones it reaches boiling point simmer the flame, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir at the final stage and give a standby time to set for 5 minutes. If you have pressure pan or electric rice cooker follow the same procedure to cook.
- In the meantime while the rice is getting ready prepare some quick and spicy mixed vegetable curry as a good accompaniment. Or prepare paneer butter masala / Mutter paneer as a best side.
- Serve hot with mixed vegetable gravy or any spicy curry of your choice.