Bhindi Do Pyazaa / Crispy Okra-Onion
Crispy stir fried Okra/Bhindi and Onion with a touch of flavorful selected Indian spices.
|Bhindi Do Pyazaa / Crispy Okra-Onion|
Bhindi Do Pyazaa is a famous and available in almost all North Indian restaurant. Crispy Okra and Onions paired up with aromatic spices attracts Bhindi/Okra lovers and others as well. It can be served as a side dish with Roti/Naan/Chapati.
YIELD – 2 servings
Okra/Bhindi/Ladies Finger - 200 gms (slit and cut in lengthwise)
Onion - 1 big (cut in lengthwise)
Oil - 2 tbsp for stir fry
for Masala :
Salt as per taste
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Chat masala - 1 tsp
Amchur Powder - 1/2 tsp
Ajwain / Carom seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
Hing a pinch
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Besan / Gram flour - 2 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- In a large mixing bowl cut bhindi/okra and onion lengthwise.
- Add into all ingredients for masala given above.
- Mix/toss them well and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add marinated bhindi and onion in it. I used grill pan to make it more crispy with less oil.
- Cook uncovered on medium flame for 8-10 minutes, stir them gently in between to make all sides crisp evenly.
- Make sure bhindi is completely dry before cutting them. IF not dry it tends to sticky and will not give crispy texture.
- Cook it uncovered.
- You can also deep fry the marinated bhindi to make it more crispier.
- Add the oil in marination and cook in microwave on high for 4 minutes, turn them and again cook on high for 3 minutes. its done.
Okra In Yogurt Sauce
Vendakai Dosai / Lady's Finger Dosa