Soft and smoky chunks of paneer and vegetables which is marinated in tandoori masala and grilled while serving!!
Ingredients:Paneer - 250 gms
Green pepper - 1 no.
Red Pepper - 1 no.
Tomato - 1 no
Carrot - 1 no.
Onion - 1 no.
few drops of oil for grilling
For Marination Paste:
Hung curd - 1 cup / 100 gms
Tandoori masala - 1 tsp
salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder - 1/s tsp
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Crushed kasoori methi - 1 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
corn starch - 1 tsp
- In a large mixing bowl mix well all the ingredients mentioned for marination.
- Cut all the vegetables and paneer into equal size approx 1".
- Add them into above prepared marination paste. toss them well. make sure all vegetables and paneer get proper coating of the paste so that it can absorb the taste well.
- Keep this bowl in refrigerator for marination for minimum 2 hours. As long the marination period they will be more tasty.
- There are many ways to grill paneer after marination. I used my non stick grill pan to grill them.
- Thread into panner with vegetables in a toothpick or skewers.
- Pour few drops of oil in grilling pan, and cook paneer skewers untill golden brown. change the sides in between to cook them from all the sides. if you like smoky flavors cook some more time.
- Serve hot with green mint chutney.
Note:There are many ways to cook paneer tikka.
- Using oven - Preheat the oven at 230 degrees and bake it for 12 minutes or until the edges of the Paneer becomes brown. bake some more time to get smoky flavors.
- You can directly roast them on the gas burner flame or barbeque pit.
- For above both method use long steel or wooden skewers.
- Use can directly fry them in hot oil.
- Alternatively you can shallow fry them on non stick iron based tava.
- Cook them in microwave for 8-10 minutes on high power.
- For last 3 method use small toothpick instead skewers.
Related Posts:Paneer Butter masala
Mushroom Panner Kebbab