A delicious and healthy chickpea curry cooked with fenugreek leaves and Indian spices.
Chana Masala is a very famous curry in all over India. It is also a all time favourite dish in my home too. But this time I had a bunch of fenugreek leaves in my fridge and was about to get spoiled. So I thought to add them in chana masala gravy. Seriously, it added a extra unique taste and flavor to chana masala. Try this recipe of Methi chana masala and give a make over to traditional chana masala recipe.
YIELD –2 persons
Ingredients:Black Chickpeas - 1 cup
Fenugreek leaves - 1 cup finely chopped
Onion - 1 big finely chopped
Tomato - 2 big finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
chili powder - 1 tsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam malsala - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Hing a pinch
- Soak the chickpeas overnight and cook them with salt until soft.
- Heat the oil in a pan add cumin seeds and hing.
- Add onion and ginger garlic paste. Saute well.
- Add tomato and methi leaves. cook them for 5 minutes untill all the water absorbed.
- now add all the spices, i.e. salt, chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally add cooked chickpeas and cook it again for 7-8 minutes.
- Just before serving add lemon juice.
- Methi chana masala ready to serve. Serve with roti, naan, paratha or rice.
Related Posts:Chana Chaat wrap