Pancakes made of gram flour seasoned with onion and Green chillies
Have you ever tried omelettes with gram flour? Yes best replacement for vegetarians and I named it as Vegetarian omelette. I love to have this with steamed rice and rasam. This even serves as main dish some times when you don't find any vegetables in your kitchen. This is also very easy to make and serves as an all time favorite food. I am sure that everyone in your family will like it so much. Learn preparing this dish following the easy steps given.
YIELD – 4
Ingredients:Gram flour - 2 cups
Shallots - 8
Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp.
Green Chilli - 2
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp.
Salt - as per taste
Oil to fry
- Dry roast gram flour until the raw smell disappears on medium flame by ensuring that it doesn't burn.
- Finely chop the shallots, coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Now combine the gram flour, chilli powder and salt . Mix well.
- Add water little by little to form a batter that is equivalent to an idli batter consistency.
- Now add the chopped onions, coriander leaves and green chillies. Mix well.
- Let this set for 5 minutes.
- Now heat a tawa.
- Take about half cup of batter and spread it around like a dense dosa on the hot tawa.
- Drizzle a little oil around the densely spread omelette.
- Cook on both sides until well cooked.
- Now continue the same steps with the remaining batter.
- The gram flour omelettes are ready. Serve them hot.
- Serve with rice or as evening snack/breakfast for kids.
- For more spice lovers you can also add garlic and ginger to this.
Related Posts:Check out for more breakfast recipes.
Baked Tomato Omelette.