YIELD –4 servings
Ingredients:Paneer cubes - 250 gms
Matter / Green peas - 1 cup (frozen)
tomato - 3 nos.
Onion - 2 medium size
Green chili - 2 nos finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Cumin - 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chili Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Heavy Cream - 2 tbsp (OR you can use beaten thick curd)
Coriander for Garnishing
- Microwave the peas for 2-3 minutes in high in a micorwave safe bowl. Stir in between for even cooking. Set aside.
- Boil water and add the frozen paneer,switch off the flame and keep covered till use. If you want you can shallow fry the paneer cubes until golden brown and again keep it immersed in hot water. Keeping immersed in hot water helps the paneer to stay soft.
- Grind onions and tomato into a fine paste in a food processor. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion tomato paste. Fry till it turns light brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala powders, green chillies and fry, stirring continuously till the oil begins to separate.
- Add the peas to the masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the paneer, water and salt, reduce flame to a simmer and cook till the gravy thickens.
- When the gravy is as thick as you would like, turn off the flame and stir in the cream.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- Mutter paneer tastes great with parathas, naans and even jeera rice.
Related Posts:Paneer Butter Masala
Sending to Tickling Palates : Let's Cook - Protein rich food