Pulishery ~ Onam Special
Pulishery is a delicious side dish made of curd , coconut and fruit to make Onam special. You will definitely fall in love with this Pulishery as your senses will be aroused with its sweet and sour taste. Thanks Jyothi Kathir for sharing this Onam Special Pulishery recipe with us. Here goes the recipe of Pulishery.
YIELD – 4 persons
Ingredients:Thick yogurt - 1/2 cup
White Pumpkin Chunks - 10 nos
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
Mustard 1/2 tsp
a few Curry leaves
Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
1 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Green chili - 1 slit
Dry red chili - 2 nos
- In a pan cook Pumpkin with green chilli, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and required water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Grind it to a fine paste of jeera and grated coconut with required water.
- Add the coconut jeera paste in pumpkin and cook another 3 minutes.
- Beat yogurt and add it to the above mixture ,stirring it regularly. cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat.
- Season with mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry chili.
- Ready to serve.