Vegetable Briyani | Indian Biriyani Recipe
Wow posting #300 recipe today. Feeling great !!
Yield :2 servings
Ingredients:Basmati Rice- 1 cup
Onion- 1 large dice length wise
Tomato- 2 medium chopped
French Beans-1/4 cup
Carrot- 1/4 cup
Fresh Green Peas-1/4 cup
Fresh Ginger Garlic Paste-1 tbsp(home made)
Green chilli- 3-4 split
Garam Masala- 2 tsp
Coriander and Mint Leaves- 1 cup
Curd / Yogurt- 2tbsp
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Cashew nuts-5-6 no.
Whole garam masala(star,bay leaf, cloves, fennel seeds, cardamom)
Salt to Taste
Oil / Ghee-2 tbsp
- Wash and soak Basmati rice with 2 cups of water for about 20-25 minutes.
- Peel the skin of potato and cut diagonally.
- Wash and dice carrot, beans diagonally .
- Heat a heavy bottomed vessel with oil/ghee, add whole garam masala and stir till aromatic. Stir in cashew nuts saute till golden brown.
- Add onion with little salt and stir for few seconds. Combine the freshly minced Ginger garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add Green chilli and Coriander/mint leaves and saute well to blend. Add the vegetables. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, garam masala and saute till it forms a thick gravy.
- Add curd and rice soaked water and bring it to boil.
- Combine the soaked rice, mix together with all ingredients let it boil once. Reduce the flame and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir once after 20 minutes to avoid rice sticking to the bottom of the vessel.
- Cook for further 5minutes on simmer.
- Give a 5 minutes standby time and dish out.
- Serve this hot and spicy briyani with Chilled Cucumber Raita and Salan.
You can cook the biryani in either ways with Rice cooker or pressure pan directly with same procedure.
Reduce 1/2 cup while following with pressure pan.
Soaking rice in water for mentioned time will helps to bring briyani with perfect texture and taste.
Related Posts:Tomato Briyani
Mushroom Baby Corn Briyani
Hara Bhara Healthy Pulao