Bread Paniyaram / Pancakes
Hi, today I came up with another interesting recipe with innovative concept. If you want to prepare a dish in a jiffy with less effort then try out the same way I did with bread. Believe me this will be tasting very crispy. If you got so much bread loaf sitting Idle in the table and got bored with sandwich then work out with either Paniyaram or Pancake both are tasting same and excellent. Discover the procedure for making this yummy paniyaram and draft it in you PC to make some Instant recipe for Dinner at times.
YIELD –20 - 25 paniyaram
Ingredients:Bread- 5no(I used Whole meal bread)
Green Chilli- 2-3 finely chopped
Onion-1 medium chopped
Curry leaves- few spring
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Split Urad Dhal- 1tsp
Salt To Taste
Water as required
oil for frying
- Dip Bread slices in water and squeeze out excess water and mash it.
- In a large mixing bowl combine mashed bread, sooji, salt, curd and mix well.
- Add sufficient water and prepare batter for making paniyaram.
- Heat oil in a fry pan add seasoning and let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion, green chilli,finely chopped curry leaves and hing.
- Pour this seasoning to the batter and mix well.
- Now heat a paniyaram vessel add some oil on each moulds and pour a small laddle of batter on each moulds.
- Cook covered with lid on slow medium flame as this will take time to cook completely(if not cooked properly, will not be able to flip out).
- Fry the other side of the paniyaram and tranfer to the serving plate.
- Serve this yummy and crispy paniyaram with onion chutney and or chutney of your choice.
Note:Pour the batter to 3/4th of the moulds and this will help to fluff up to make good shaped paniyaram.
If you do not have this paniyaram vessel, prepare it as bread pancakes using flat non stick griddle.
Related Posts:Pancakes Recipe
Chilli Bread Fry
Quick Rava Roti
Rava Upma Roti