Adai made with bottlegourd - a low carb vegetable.
YIELD – 10-15 Small Adai
Bottle Gourd / Suraikai- 1 Cup grated
Raw Rice- 1 1/2 cup
Onion- 1 medium chopped
Fenugreek Seeds- 1tbsp
Salt To Taste
Oil To Fry
Mustard Seeds-1 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Broken Red Chilli- 4
Curry Leaves few spring
- Wash and soak rice with fenugreek for 2 hours.
- Wash, peel and grate bottle gourd.
- Grind the soaked rice by adding little water and prepare thick batter.
- Combine the grated bottle gourd, chopped onion to the batter, salt and let it ferment for 4 to 6 hours for good taste.
- Alternatively if you wish can pour like Adai immediately.
- Season the batter and pour a laddle full of batter in a hot flat griddle, spread to desired shape.
- Drizzle oil on the entire surface and fry both sides till golden.
- Serve hot with Onion Chutney and or Idli Chilli Powder
For variation try making Adai with other vegetables like cabbage, cucumber, raddish with the same procedure.
Try to include vegetables in varies forms like here in this Adai can paste bottle gourd instead of grating while preparing for kids.
Sambha Godhumai Rava Adai