Oats Upma, is a light and easy to prepare breakfast. This will be a good choice for weight watchers. Eating oats as porridge daily morning would be a very boring one. Try this oats upma for a changeover in your food. There are many ways to prepare oats upma but this is the way i make. Try this easy to make oats upma to have a light breakfast or dinner.
YIELD – 3 SERVINGS
Oats - 1 cup
Onion - 1
Water 3/4 cup
Oil - 1 tsp.
Green chilli - 1
Lemon - 1/2
Ginger - 1/2 tsp. finely chopped
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp.
Salt as per taste
Mustard - 1/2 tsp.
Urid dhall - 1/2 tsp.
Curry Leaves - 1 spring
- Dry roast the oats until it gives a good aroma. Do not over burn it.
- Chop onions and green chillies finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and season it with the seasoning ingredients.
- Add Onions, ginger and green chillies and saute until onions become translucent and all the raw smell disappears.
- Add salt and saute for a minute.
- Add oats and saute well for 2 minutes and it smells good.
- Sprinkle water little by little to ensure that oats doesn't become soggy.
- Add lime juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chutney of your choice.
- Do not add more water since oats will become very soggy. The first time I made I added lots of water and it became soggy. So sprinkle water little by little.
You May Also Like:
Happy to send this recipe to the event "Event Announcement - Show Me Your Hits"Julie(Erivum Puliyum) and "Show Me Your HITS" Sangeetha (Spicy Treats).