Dry Chilli Chutney
Dry chilli chutney will definitely mouth water people who love spicy food. This is a most spicy chutney that always has a place in my refrigerator. You can make this chutney and refrigerate it for about two weeks. This goes well with Idli or Dosa.
|Dry Chilli Chutney|
YIELD – 1 cup
Dry Red Chillies - 20
Garlic - 10 (small pods)
Tamarind - 2 seed sized
Salt - as per taste
Oil - 2 tbsp.
Mustard - 1/2 tsp.
Urid dhall - 1/2 tsp.
Curry leaves - 1 spring
- Soak tamarind in 1 tbsp water.
- Grind dry chilli.
- Add salt and grind it again to a close to fine powder.
- Add soaked tamarind and grind well.
- Add garlic pods and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan and season it.
- Add this to the ground paste.
- Serve it with Idli, dosa or pongal.
- Do not add more than the mentioned amount of garlic as it has got dominating flavor. If the garlic pods are big reduce the amount.
Linking to the event "SYF&HWS - CHILLI" of Summies's Cuilinary Bites