Stuffed Masala Idli
Do you got boredom with preparing the same old plain idli. Try this new version of idli will be colorful and filling too. This Stuffed Masala Idli will be an ideal breakfast especially for kids whom we are targeting to feed with nutrition rich food.
|Stuffed Masala Idli|
YIELD – 8 Idli
Idly Batter- 1 cup
Salt to taste
Carrot, Cabbage-1/3 cup finely chopped
Paneer/Cottage Cheese-1 /3 cup grated
Tomato Ketchup-1 tbsp
Chilli Sauce- 1 tbsp(optional)
Chilli Powder- 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves-1 tbsp chopped
Salt to Taste
- Heat oil in a wok, add onion saute till transparent.
- Add carrot, cabbage and salt stir for few minutes.
- Pour in the sauce, ketchup, chilli powder mix well.
- Finally stir in the paneer and coriander leaves, check for salt as needed.
- Place the filling in the center of each idli moulds and pour a laddle of batter on top or pour half of the batter first, place the filling and pour some more batter on top.
- Steam the idli using idli streamer for around 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with Sambhar and Chutney.
Add/adjust more veggies according to your choice, here i just gave an idea for serving idli in new method. If you got any leftover curry which you made for lunch can heap inside this idli and serve for dinner.