Spinach N Potato With Lentil
This silky, buttery recipe is also known as Saag Aloo, with which i added masore dhal to enhance flavour. This popular Indian vegetarian dish can be made with spinach or mustard leaves. If the fresh spinach is unavailable use the frozen spinach, defrosting it before you add for dish.
|Spinach N Potato With Lentil|
YIELD –2 Servings
Spinach - 1 cup
potato - 2 large
Onion - 1 medium roughly chopped
Garlic- 2 pods
Red Chilli Powder-1/2tsp
Garam Masala Powder-1tsp
Salt To Taste
- Wash and roughly chop spinach.
- Wash and soak masore dhal in water for 5 minutes( or you can any dhal you wish).
- Heat oil in a fry pan, add garlic, ginger, onion and green chilli, saute for few minutes.
- Add the spinach and saute for few minutes, turn off flame.
- Cool the mixture and paste it using mixer.
- Boil potato and dhal/lentil with enough water, little turmeric powder and salt .
- Heat a fry pan, add butter and let it melt.
- Add Cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add boiled potato, lentil and saute well.
- Now add ground spinach paste and all masala powder and salt for taste.
- Add required water to make thick gravy and saute well.
- Cook covered for 10-15 minutes to get a silky and smooth texture of the gravy or until water is been absorbed by potato.
Adjust water according to your choice to make a thin gravy or semi gravy.
For variation can try this recipe without dhal, to get original Saag Aloo touch.
If you want to try without grinding the spinach, do finely chop the spinach and add it to the dish.
You May Also Like:
|Quick Potato Curry|
|Cabbage Potato Curry|