Paneer paratha is a whole wheat flat bread made with mildly spiced paneer filling and cooked in the hot griddle. As we all know paneers are rich in calcium but instead of taking paneer as fried or in gravy regularly try intake in the form of raw or semi-cooked one to get its full nutrients. This paneer paratha is a staple food can be served as breakfast/lunch/dinner.
YIELD – 5 paratha
Wheat Flour-1 1/2 cup
warm water -3/4 cup
For Paneer Filling:
Paneer - 1small cup grated
Onion-1 large finely chopped
Coriander Leaves-1 tbsp chopped
Red Chilli Powder-1 tsp
Garam Masala-1 tsp
oil as needed to fry paratha
- Combine wheat flour, salt, oil and water. Knead into soft dough and keep aside covered.
- In a large plate combine all the ingredients mentioned for paneer filling using spoon.
- Now divide the dough into 10 equal size balls.
- Roll out two medium size roti using dough. Add the paneer filling on the center of one roti and cover it with the second roti.
- Continue rolling to make even sized whole paratha.
- Heat a griddle,apply oil and place the paratha.
- Cook paratha both sides till golden brown.
- Repeat same procedure for the remaining dough balls.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and curd.
For variation use equal proportion of wheat flour and maida to prepare paratha.