Methi Pulao | How to make Quick Fenugreek leaves pulav
Greens are very essential in our diet. Having green leafy vegetables at least thrice a week is good for our health. Methi pulao is made easy and quick and its a one pot dish. Methi is tossed with Indian spice mix and cooked along with rice. The taste of this pulao will be aromatic once done. Many of us don't use methi frequently because of its strong flavor and I swear if you try this dish you will really love it.
Preparation & Cooking Time : 45 Minutes
YIELD : 2 Servings
Basmati Rice-11/2 cup
Green Peas-1 cup
Carrot-1/2 cup roughly chopped
Paneer cubes-50 gms
Methi leaves-1 bunch
Garlic-1 tbsp crushed
Green Chillies-3 chopped
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder-1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds-1 tsp
Salt to Taste
- Wash and soak basmati rice in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes.
- Wash methi/fenugreek leaves, discard stems and keep aside.
- Soak paneer cubes in hot water for 15 minutes and drain.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add cumin seeds, garlic and fry till raw smell vanish.
- Add tomatoes, green peas, carrot, methi, green chilli, salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and stir fry for 8-10 minutes.
- Add soaked rice and fry well for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice water and bring it to boil.
- Cook covered for about 15-20 minutes till rice is cooked completely.
- Garnish with paneer and coriander leaves.
- Serve with chilled cucumber raita.
Methi Channa Masala