Instant Oats Rava Idli
YIELD – 12 Idli
Curd/Yogurt- 2 cup
Salt To Taste
Fruit Salt- 1tsp
Mustard Seeds- 1tsp
Cumin Seeds- 1tsp
Chenna Dhal- 1tsp
Split Urad dhal- 1tsp
Cashew nut- 6
Curry Leaves- 1tbsp
- Heat a fry pan, dry roast oats and using spice blender coarsely powder.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in fry pan. Add all the seasonings and saute well till splutter.
- Combine rava and fry until fragrant, add oats to it and turn of the flame. Add salt (for taste) and fruit salt(for softness) and let the mix cool to room temperature.
- Beat the curd without any lump and pour it to the mix and stir well.
- Let this stand for 5 minutes covered.
- Check the consistency of the batter after 5minutes (if necessary add water, remember it must be like the Idli batter consistency).
- Grease little oil on the Idli moulds, pour a laddle of batter on each moulds.
- Steam the Idli using Idli steamer for 10-12 minutes, alternative you may steam Idli using any oil greased flat plate to make flat Idli.
- Serve hot spongy Idli with Sambhar and Chutney.
For Variation can replace sooji with broken wheat.