Hearty Mango Munchies
Are you fond of sour taste and likes to munch some crispy snacks??? Then you are here. Try this crispy mango munchies and enjoy real the taste. Green mango is mixed with poha and chilli and deep fried to make crispy patties.
|Hearty Mango Munchies|
YIELD –15-20 Munchies
Grated Raw Mango-1 cup
Rice Flakes / Poha-1/3 cup
Chenna Dhal-2tbsp(soak in warm water for 5minutes)
Onion-1 medium finely chopped
Green Chilli-3 finely chopped
Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
Rice Flour as needed to make firm dough
Curry Leaves-2 tbsp finely chopped
Water as needed to mix
Salt To Taste
Hing -1/4 tsp
Oil For Deep Frying
- Wash and peel outer skin of the mango and grate using vegetable grater.
- Wash poha in running water for 2 minutes using vegetable drainer(i used thin rice flakes).
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl except oil.
- Add water if required and prepare a firm dough(it should be soft and little loosen).
- Make equal sized small balls of the dough and give heart shape patties using moulds or any of your desired shape.
- Heat sufficient oil for deep frying, place the patties and deep fry till golden brown on both sides for about 5-7 minutes on medium slow flame.
- Repeat same step for remaining patties in batches.
- Serve hot with Chutney or Sauce.
For variation can try shallow frying in flat griddle, so it will consume very less oil.
If you are using thick rice flakes , you need to soak in water for minimum one hour to make it soft.