Ginger Chutney serves as a good accompaniment for all Indian breakfast and sometimes goes well with hot steamed rice. Ginger has got an excellent medicinal properties in it. Its is good for digestion, boost the immune system, relief for migraine, good remedy for cold and flu and so on. Include ginger in your everyday cooking in any form to get its benefit.
YIELD – 2 servings
Young Ginger- 1/4 cup finely chopped
Grated Coconut-1/2 cup
Tamarind Extract-1 1/2 tbsp
Urad Dhal-1 Tbsp
Chenna Dhal-1 Tbsp
Dried Red Chilli- 4-5 no
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Hing- 1/4 tsp
Salt To Taste
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in pan, add hing, urad dhal and chenna dhal roast till golden brown and cool it.
- Dry roast dried red chilli and powder coarsely with dhal using mixer.
- Heat oil in pan add ginger saute until soft and add coconut saute for a minute, cool it.
- Now paste the sauted ginger,coconut and tamarind extract along with powdered dhal, add water and salt as needed for chutney.
- Season the chutney and serve with dosa, idea, rice.
You can prepare this chutney without dhal also, in that case increase coconut quantity.