Bombay Pav Bhaji | How To Make Pav Bhaji Masala
Finely selected vegetables are sauted with Indian Pav Bhaji Masala to make delicious bhaji, that serves best with pav/bun.
YIELD – 4 servings
Cauliflower - 1 cup
Potato - 2 medium size
Capsicum - 1 small finely chopped
Green Peas - 1/2 cup (frozen)
Onion - 2 medium size
Tomato - 2 medium size
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Oil/Butter - 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Chili powder - 1 tsp
Pav Bhaji Masala - 1 1/2 tbsp (Adjust as per taste)
Pav / Plain Bun - 8 nos.
Lemon slices for serving
Coriander Leaves - 3-4 springs chopped for garnishing
- Wash and boil potato, cauliflower. Once done mash it. Keep aside.
- In a bowl soak frozen green peas into boiling water for 10 mins.
- Make a coarse paste of onion and tomato in food processor.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add tomato onion paste with ginger garlic paste. Saute.
- Add finely chopped capsicum and green peas. Cook for few mins.
- Add salt, chili powder and pav bhaji masala. Cook again for 3-4 mins.
- Add mashed potato and cauliflower. mix well and add little water if required.
- Cook it well until oil start to leave.
- Just before serving slice the bun/pav from middle and apply butter on both sides.
- Cook both the sides on a flat griddle until light brown.
- Sprinkle finely chopped onion and coriander on Bhaji and top it with 1 cube of butter on it.
- Serve hot with Pav.
Fruit chat Tacos