Water Melon Rind Curry | How To Use Watermelon Rind For Cooking
Do You Know? The rind and the seeds are edible, taste good and healthy too. A 1 inch cube of rind contains 1.8 calories, negligible sugar, fiber, protein and sodium.
Preparation & Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
YIELD : 2 Serving
Melon Rind -1 cup chopped into small cubes
Onion -1 large chopped
Tomato -2 medium chopped
Garlic -1 tbsp finely chopped
Chilli Powder -1 tsp
Coriander Powder -1 tsp
Turmeric Powder -1/4 tsp
Salt -11/2 tsp
Sugar -1/2 tsp
Fresh Cream -2 tsp
Coriander Leaves for garnish
- Peel off the dark green part of the watermelon rind and slice the whitish green rind into small cubes. Bring water to boil, add watermelon rind and cook till soft, tender with salt added.
- Alternatively pressure cook rind with salt for 2 sounds.
- Heat oil in the fry pan add garlic, onion and saute well.
- Stir in the chopped tomato and cook till sauce is thickened.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the cooked melon rind and stir well.
- Cover and cook for few minutes.
- Finally pour in the fresh cream and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve Melon Curry with steamed Rice, Roti / Paratha and Naan.
- Rind can be cooked along with other vegetables too.
- Be careful while peeling the rind skin as this will be very difficult to done, use sharp knife.