Chinese Veg Momos
Momos is a kind of dumpling(cooked ball of dough) very famous in chinese cuisine. It is also famous in Nepal,Tibet and the himalayan part of India. It has been quite a while since I have been wanting to try making momos at home. Yesterday while browsing the net I thought of giving a search for veg momos. After so many search I decided to try on my own style because it was that easy receipe to try. You can also try meat filling,cheese filling and snickers filling too for sweet momos.
YIELD: 16 Momos
Baking powder a pinch
Minced Vegetables (Carrot, Cabbage, Beans)-1cup
Ginger -1/2tsp minced
Greenchilli/red chilli-1/2tsp crushed
For Garlic Chili sauce:
Dry Red chili-5(soak in warm water)
Salt a pinch
1. Mix maida, baking powder and water to make smooth dough. Keep it aside.
2. Now make a mixture of minced vegetables onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and salt to stuff in.
3. Roll out each portion of dough into thin rounds.
4. Place a portion of vegetable filling in the center and fold the edges of the dough circles like sari pleats, pinching it once you reach the end. Use a little water to seal.
5. Repeat the step to make all the momos.
6. Steam these momos in an idly utensil/steamer for about 10-12 minutes. Or you can also fry them.
7. To prepare the sauce place garlic, red chili, vinegar, sugar and salt in a mixer.
8. Serve the momos with Garlic Chili Sauce and Clear Veg Soup.
Note:For authentic taste use mustard/sesame oil instead of refined oil. Momos are usualy served with a clear soup. To prepare the soup add some shredded vegetables to the water in the steamer and the dash of sesame,salt, pepper seasoning.